Our next PechaKucha night is on
Thursday, August 29th, 2013
PechaKucha Nights are informal gatherings where creative people in and about this region will share their ideas, works, thoughts, holiday snaps -- just about anything, really -- in the PechaKucha 20x20 format. The 20x20 format is a fast-paced, precise presentation format where a speaker is allotted a total of 6 minutes and 40 seconds, which equals 20 images ... each for 20 seconds. The result is something like "show & tell" for all ages.
The concept and presentation format was devised by Klein Dytham architecture in Tokyo in 2003. Today, PechaKucha Nights happen in over 600 cities around the world (www.pechakucha.org). The founders of PechaKucha believe there is nothing social about online social networks, and hope that people will get out from behind their screens and go to a live event … with real people, real communication, real drinks, and real creative fun. PechaKucha Nights usually include 10 presenters and last for around 1½ hours.
Here in the Hudson Highlands, PechaKucha Nights are held at The Garrison in The Atrium. The evening begins at 5:45pm with a cash bar and socializing. The presentations begin at 6:30, end at around 7:40, after which drinking and socializing continue. A small plates menu is available afterwards in Valley restaurant at The Garrison (845) 424-3604.
We look forward to seeing you. If you have any questions or suggestions, please contact us.
June 6th Presenters
1. Hara Woltz - Creative Hybrids Spawned by Science and Art
2. Eric T. Fleisher - Highly Trafficked Public Landscapes Managed 100% Organically
3. Frances Palmer - Ideas for her Pottery from Recent Travels in China
4. Rodger Stevens - Non-fiction Objects
5. Ines Elskop & Christopher Scholz - What do a Chinese painter and an American cowboy have in common?
6. Ava Bynum - Childhood Education to Address Food / Healthcare Crises
7. Chuck Burleigh - Tea with Mrs. Gropius
8. Aleta Wolfe -
10. Nic Taylor - Designing a Map of the Hudson Highlands
Mark your calendar for future PechaKucha Nights at The Garrison:
Thursday, November 21st